Setting:
Sunday night. Cafe 11.
Holly, Laura, Margo, and other fun people attend the Vampire Weekend concert. Add wine and beer. (Wailua Wheat is my new fruity favorite beer... delicious.) Holly unknowingly makes fun of the bassist of Vampire Weekend when he was in the crowd next to us during the opening band. Social awkwarness... we gots it. Somewhere along the way Schuyler shows up with his man-friends.
And who decided it would be fun to go to Nobbys for karaoke after the show? I think it was a combination of Chris and Holly.
Lost two of Schuyler's friends and made I drove Holly to her house. Since we took her car, Schuyler and I had to walk the 8 blocks home in the hood at 1am. Why does this always happen when I wear my favorite (albeit, insanely uncomfortable) heels??
One shower later and I was in bed... around 1:30am. 6:30am comes awefully early. Work seems especially brutal. I am reaching new heights in my apathy.
The sad thing? I've just described a typical weeknight in college. It was nothing for me to roll out of bed for an 8am class after a night out at Hatties, Dunes, Oyster Creek, or all three. I even managed to graduate with honors. (Trophies... I gots them.) What the heck? I have one late Sunday night and I cannot function at work, and I have a feeling if my boss were to grade me right now, I would not be getting any honors.
I am so dissapointed in myself. When did fun start to hurt me so much? Old lady bones... I gots them.
Caffeine... I needs it.
Monday, June 9, 2008
Posted by Margo at Monday, June 09, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Weekday benders = not earning your paycheck. I think I started feelind old, the day I left college. I was 21 at the time....
Post a Comment