Children behave! That's what they say when we're together...

Monday, January 26, 2009

I've been running just as fast as I can.
Holding on to a work out plan.
Trying to get in shape, my clothes are too tight
And then I put my butt on the scale
and tumble to the ground and then you say

I think it's the carbs now
The doesn't seem to be any fruit around
I think it's the carbs now
The beating of an egg should be the only sound

***
Um. Yeah.

So this is day 21 of my 2009 fat shred. Six days a week at the gym. (At six a.m. no less.) I've gone from running a twelve minute mile to a 9:30 mile... doubled my resistance on the elipticle. Pumping ze ironz, ya. Also, goodbye delicious cookies, bagels, cakes, pasta, and even (yelp) dark beer. Trying to keep the dailing calorie intake at 1850 calories according to thedailyplate.com's reccomendation. Which is a ton of friggin' calories when you remove all the "fun" foods from your diet. Like loaded chicken nachos from the Back Forty. Oh, nachos, how I miss thee...

Results? FUCK YOU results.
So by day 14 I had dropped 7.5 pounds. SUCCESS. Even more successful? I didn't reward myself with food. No, not at all. I rewarded myself with new bedding for my bed. Cozy.

By day 17 things started to turn a bit sour. Like, um, why am I not losing anymore weight? Then today, the dreaded weigh in after working out. My 7.5 pound weight loss has no just turned into a 4 pound weight loss. (Or a 3.5 pound gain in one week. One.Week.)

So I'm all sorts of grumpy today. Trying not to take said grump out on a bag of Doritos. Keeping hope alive through the "muscle weighs more than fat" thing.

It's not really working.

0 comments: