Brain Imploded

Friday, July 3, 2009

Happy Friday! I'm assuming everyone is enjoying their day off of work in the great American tradition: making potato salad, heading to the beach, and cracking open a nice Bud Lite Lime. I know that's what I'd be doing if I were back in the greatest place under the sun, St. Augustine! (Wow, this optimism is quite uncharacteristic for me!)

I do have Friday off of school- which is nice. But we always have Fridays off so we can get a handle on our assignments. I've been up since 7:30 but it's almost ten and I still have not done any work. I spent a good hour in the dining hall socializing with Shaunna, Leah, Alice, and Molly. Then I came back to my room and looked for bridesmaid dresses online. (Hi, I don't have a wedding date or a wedding dress or even a wedding CLUE about anything, but HEY! I should look for bridesmaid dresses instead of work. That sounds like fun.)

I'm hoping to get my Renaissance Drama paper started today. Delicious, whole-grain paper writing to kick off this holiday weekend. Traditionally the 4th of July was my favorite holiday, but not really anymore. I think Thanksgiving has edged it out. However, that still doesn't diminish the fact that I'm desperately missing St. Augustine. Instead of writing this paper I wish I was at the beach with Lulu, throwing the stick and trying to keep her from eating too much sand, and then hitting the icee lady on the way home for a mango/coconut treat.

Perhaps I'll treat myself to some dining hall fro-yo when I get going on this paper... that's a legitimate compromise.

0 comments: