If you’re like me, when I find a blog that I like, I usually check out the writers blogroll. Funny people probably follow funny people. I mean, all the people I have on mine I think are fantastic and amazing and move over Dooce, we’re going to take over! Oh wait, I’m following Dooce. Can I join your blogger gang? I’m great with hyperbole! Is anyone listening to me right now? Echo-o-o-o-o!
So through some clicking and reading and more clicking I stumbled across what is now one of my favorite blogs: The Spohrs Are Multiplying. The author, Heather, has been through a lot in the past six months. Her beautiful, perfect daughter Madeline was born in 2007 at 28 weeks gestation. In April of this year, Madeline passed away. Last week Maddie would have been two years old. This month is Prematurity Awareness Month, and today is Preemie Awareness Day. Over 500,000 babies are born premature every year. The families of these babies watch as their children fight for life, and at times, I’m sure, they feel helpless.
Head over the Heather’s blog if you want to learn more about Maddie’s story. Or click on the badge below if you can help in any way you can.
I feel like I know you
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Posted by Margo at Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Labels: namaste
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment