Things I am thankful for, and things that can suck it.

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Via picasa.

As it is nearly Thanksgiving, I thought I would list the things I am thankful for. But for full disclosure, I also felt it necessary to list the things that can also suck it. It’s equally important to list those. (Also I have a red wine and roasted garlic soup hangover today from the Girls Thanksgiving Soiree last night, so I’m not going to be very succinct.)

Things That Can Suck It
1. Leggings. But I guess I’ve already addressed that this month.
2. Twitter. I quit you Twitter. You are dead to me.
3. Project Runway moving to Lifetime. No thanks! I’d rather watch The Real Housewives on Bravo. TV really needs more hair extensions and chardonnay fueled feuds if you ask me.
4. Chicken. So what if I don’t eat chicken? People look at me like I just announced that I have leprosy and like to cuddle. I didn’t know chicken was such a hot button issue.
5. Pandora for shutting you off after 40 hours. What a jip. I need my Cat Power station to get me through the long work days.


Things That I am Thankful For
1. Olivia, my niece and future rocket scientist/model/novelist, coming into my life this year. What a ball of cute squishy baby!
2. Speaking of cute, have you met my dog? Yes, I’m thankful for that worthless, gassy, slobbering, hunk of stinky bulldog.
3. Discovering the closest thing to nirvana: Stoneyfield Farms Chocolate Underground yogurt. Bliss in a snack-sized cup.
4. Yoga and all its benefits to my body and soul.
5. Schuyler and the fact that he appreciates me in all my fart jokes, awkwardness, and ridiculous behavior. That, and he encourages drinking homebrew beer on the front porch.
6. Ladies Book Club. The LBC is just what the doctor ordered. (If the doctor was into drinking and eating too much, pretending to read books, and gossip.)
7. Family and friends. I am thankful for all the wonderful people who chose to be in my life! Happy Thanksgiving!

0 comments: