Because today was filled with way too much wassail, sugar cookies, and emotional goodbyes at work, I don't feel like I can string together a coherent blog. What with a story arch and comical timing. Nope. So here are some random tidbits for this Wednesday evening.
I totally just saw a Suave ad featuring Dooce posing all breezy and punky and other Suave adverbs. In what parallel universe do I now exist in where bloggers are in photo ads? There is a line somewhere that has been crossed. I like to hide behind my laptop, in my beer stained pijamas, thankyouverymuch. (Cause you know, Suave is just can't wait to get a load of my greasy hair in its next ad:
Fucking cat. He thinks his hair is better than mine and just popped into the picture. Interloper.)
Also, I haven't gotten one damn Christmas card this year. NOT ONE. Last year I got at least 10. I just spent a small fortune sending a frillion cards to everyone I've ever bumped into in the Taco Bell line. (What can I say, Bean Burritos get me in the friend making spirit.) I'm so suspcious that the mailperson is stealing my Christmas cards. Either that or everyone hates me this year. Well GO ON AND HATE ME. Until you get my thoughtful Christmas card and then you can just marinate in guilt alllllll holiday season. Jerks.
Finally, Tiger Woods. I think when his father was programming him to be a robo-golfer, he used language that can easily be miscontrued. Bump and run? Check. Length? Check. Flop shot? Check? Getting it in the hole? Check. See, he's just been programmed with ambiguous language. Silly golf robot.
*** UPDATE ***
Yeah, so I checked the mail over lunch and I totally had a pile of Christmas cards. Sorry for calling you all jerks! I'm sure you'd expect nothing less from me. I still suspect the mailperson is holding out on me though-- I haven't gotten my Plainview paper in WEEKS. I think he's secretly obsessed with reading my hometown news. Especially the "Around Town" section, where people talk about who came over dinner and what was served. Man, Nebraskans really love hashbrown casserole.
(It's true. I totally love that hot mess of potato, cheese, more cheese, and cream of mushroom soup.)
This update has gone on far enough.
*** End Update ***
Random Abandon
Wednesday, December 16, 2009
Posted by Margo at Wednesday, December 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Picking up my cards from Costco this morning. Send me your addy, girlfriend!
For the record, mail from Canada takes FOREVER to get to the US. Also, I'm a procrastinator and mailed them on Tuesday. You can go ahead and prepare for my card to make it to you by Ukrainian Christmas (Jan. 7).
And why is it ok for the post office to charge 98 cents for a US stamp and why do all of my friends live in the US?? Ha!
I have only gotten a few cards this year too...what's up with that? Is everyone cutting back or what? ;)
Post a Comment