So, I am completely annoyed by a Facebook phenomenon. It shouldn't be somethign that annoys me, but it does. I can't explain way, except that every time I detect it going on I roll my eyes, suck in a breath, and then slowly exhale while whispering, "You aren't fooling anyone, honey."
Because I am smart and posses the skills to deduce and interpret intimations. In fact, it's so obvious I think my dog could figure it out and she doesn't posess the mental capacity to know that cat poop is not a nutritious snack.
I could immediately blow the cover off this thinly veiled secret in the comments section, but I don't. Guess I'm just a super mature person who will only passive-agressively write about it in hypothetical terms on my blog that no one reads.
So for all those girlfriends of mine who are in the early stages of being knocked up, which is actually quite a few because I'm in my mid-twenties, stop posting how sick you feel, how exhausted you are, or just random declarations about how exciting the future is but golly gee, I can't tell you why just yet. Proceeded by multiple smiley faces, or cryptic messages from your closest friends who are already in on the secret.
Uh, I think I've figured it out. Guess all those years of watching Carmen San Diego really paid off-- I am super sleuth.
And yeah, I get it. Babys! Are! Exciting! Mazel Tov. However, the 'big announcement' will be a lot more authentic if you haven't already tipped everyone off.
I could be on NCIS
Thursday, August 12, 2010
Posted by Margo at Thursday, August 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
[RANT]I agree. Its like, "Yeah, I'm happy for you, but this secretive BS is crap we left behind in the drama of the 10th grade." Seriously. If I'm not cool enough to be in the "know" as one of your super secret friends, I just find it hard to give a crap once the news does break.
My wife and I are expecting and guess what, having babies isn't supposed to be a secret. Duh, you're married and probably procreating. We get it. If you have a history of birthing problems or are high risk, then yes, its secret worthy, but those cases are far and few between and they know that posting tibits on Facebook is one of the lamest ways out there to broadcast such things. Bleh. Sorry. Had to get that off my chest. [RANT OVER]...[FOR NOW...]
Post a Comment