My good friend, Justina, reminded me the other day of something very important, when I was busy wallowing in self-doubt as a result of a conversation with some girl I don’t have ANYTHING in common with—religious, conservative, etc. (Why do I let these people get to me? Why do I let myself care? Why does everyone seem to have a shell, and I have sensitive salamander skin?)
She (Justina, not the self-esteem destroyer-girl) reminded me of the “most-people-are-speaking-from-their-own-insecurities” factor. It’s a big one. I forget about it often. So I started thinking about my own doubts, some of them circumstantial, some of them hereditary. And the more I thought about them, the more ridiculous they sounded. (And in an effort to save a little face, I’m sorry- no examples.)
So I’m going to try the high road. I’m working really hard to put the past in its place (for the sake of others, mostly) and start addressing my own insecurities. Ah, ‘exorcise’ is good for you. The sooner I do, the sooner I will be a better friend, co-worker, and I think I will like myself a lot more.
Until then, leave me alone self-esteem destroyers, I’m under construction.
On the mend
Thursday, May 24, 2007
Posted by Margo at Thursday, May 24, 2007
Labels: ex-girlfriends?, surprise visitors, tina
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment