A lady, ok not just any lady, my FAVORITE lady, was singing this in the office today. (Who knew someone older than your mother could suddenly be one of your favorite friends? Or maybe I'm wrong... maybe I just really admire her and have dillusions of her being my friend.) And it (the song) was so random and delightful it has made me smile ever since. The jaunty Beach Boys chords are whizzing up and down my train of thought and I must admit- it's putting me in a pretty good mood. (Despite my lingering exhaustion from my trip home.)
So good feelings for this weekend... I'm hoping it will include some beach time despite the rainy forecast. I've already packed a new book that I'm ashamed, as a receipient of a BA in English, no have never read (The Color Purple), a towel, and my new favorite suit. It's become a favorite of mine: going to the beach a few feet away from the Club my boyfriend works at and reading/tanning/sleeping/playing until he gets off. I sometimes take a break to walk to Publix for water or a banana-- but I never knew it could be this enjoyable to spend so much time alone at the beach. I like to reflect on the week and clear my head for the remainder of the weekend. It should be considered "Beach Therapy." Maybe I can market it... and fulfill a lifelong ambition: making tons of money while spending all day at the beach.
(But then when work is really bothering me, where would I go to escape?!)
So, cross your fingers for sun tomorrow. I've had a long week!
fun fun fun till her daddy takes the t-bird away...
Friday, June 8, 2007
Posted by Margo at Friday, June 08, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment