I'm sure I'm probably one of the last people to watch the Sophie Coppolla version of Marie Antoinette. And I may have never seen it until it hit the TBS/Bravo circuit if it wasn't for the recent discovery that the library rents movies FOR FREE. (By the way, I'm number 180 on the library waiting list for Harry Potter... so wait wait- don't tell me how it ends. I have to read it in 2009.)
So, movie-in-hand, Schuyler and I take a break from drywalling the kitchen (yes folks, another bullet point for my resume: drywaller. Of course it will include an asterisk which will denote that I usually measure incorrectly and subsequently waste a lot of sheet rock.)
We pop in the movie.
Cool music... nice dress... cute pug...
ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
In true Margo fashion, I fall immediately asleep. So I awake the next day, and while Schuyler is sanding- and well- we only had one sander, I decide to watch the rest of this movie. After all, I'm excited to see her get the chop.
No chop. No imprisonment. Nothing. The damned movie ended when she left Versailles. You know, YEARS before her death.
I was so mad. You know what I did? I googled "Marie Antoinette."
Dammit, I was going to learn something about this woman if it killed me. Wikipedia obliged. Of course, that was after entertaining myself with some horrible reviews of the movie.
I feel very satisfied- and a little hooked. I'm actually going to back to the library tonight to return the crap-fest known as the Marie Antoinette movie- and check out some legitimate biographies.
All this money the library is saving me is going to come in handy: the damned coke machine at work just went up to 75 cents a can. I hate Monday...
Give her the chop...
Monday, July 30, 2007
Posted by Margo at Monday, July 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I could send you the new Harry Potter...if only I had your address....I bought it, it's the only one I own, I would be happy to share.
I added you to my links list...hope that's alright!
Post a Comment