Finally...

Friday, August 3, 2007

Our kitchen remodel is DONE. I'm so excited to now have a new sink, pantry, counter tops and freshly painted walls. Ahhh, such relief. And just in time for the weekend.

And today lunch with Jessica at the Columbia for 1905 salads.

And despite the fact that it will be De La Cruz's 3rd vet trip in 4 weeks, he has gained all his weight back and a considerable amount of his hair. I'm excited for the vet to give me a clean bill of health- and then tell her the real help was from my homeopathic friend which suggested aloe in his water. Worked like a charm...

And if I haven't said it before- read Raymond Carver. I'll make you:
"The Best Time of the Day"
Cool summer nights.
Windows open.
Lamps burning.
Fruit in the bowl.
And your head on my shoulder.
These the happiest moments in the day.

Next to the early morning hours,of course.
And the time just before lunch.
And the afternoon, and early evening hours.
But I do love these summer nights.
Even more, I think,than those other times.
The work finished for the day.
And no one who can reach us now.
Or ever.

-- This just gives me good feelings.

I promise I'll stop stealing other people's poetry for my blogs. But if I can suggest anything- please buy the book "What We Talk About When We Talk About Love" by Raymond Carver. It resounds deeply inside when I read it...

1 comments:

Sarah Jane said...

Posting Raymond Carver is always allowed. I'm actually thinking about moving all of my furniture onto the front lawn this afternoon.