Heavy Boots

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

A few things are giving me Heavy Boots right now despite my overall excitement over Schuyler's NEW job. Which is in St. Augustine. (!!!)

But yes, heavy boots.

I understand life is fleeting and we should be less reluctant. Stop wasting time. BUT, by the same token... I fear my friend is moving too fast. Almost in a wayward spiral, swift and fast and blind from the yaw. I can't tell her that just because you love someone doesn't mean you get a free pass to happiness. All those fairy tales ending with a wedding and a "Happily Ever After." No bonus chapters about Snow White wanting to move to Tuscon for law school and Prince Charming not sure how he will support her there. No epilogue about how to deal when Sleeping Beauty finds out she's barren or when Cinderella puts too many pairs of slippers on the trusty shared-account Visa card.

I fear she feels like a princess, and who am I to taint that with my words of "are you sure" and "why the rush?"

And why do I feel like I have to protect everyone?

Oh, these heavy boots of mine.

0 comments: