Yesterday all the TV's moved out of the house along with their owner.
I learned how to play Rummikub. AND appreciate NPR again.
Oh, and played some golf.
Made homemade lunch AND homemade dinner.
Did the dishes.
Bought and mailed both tasteful Coach purse to my sister for her 22nd Birthday (which is TODAY- HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY B-DAY SADIE JOSEPHINE!), and in a seperate package, embarassingly raunchy sex toys to her for her bachelorette party in Vegas next week. (Which, in a sad turn of events called car/student loan/rent payments and not enough vacation time, I couldn't afford to drop everything and fly there for 4 days. I'm sure it will be something I regret indefinitely.)
So yeah, I did all of that. And still managed to read 60 pages in my new book, "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close" by Jonathan Safran Foer. He wrote "Everything is Illuminated." I rarely suggest that people actually BUY books, but this one is worth the $14.95. (Which is ridiculously expensive for a paperback if you ask me.)
So as Schuyler and I frantically search and then e-mail folks on Craigslist about their 27" slightly used TV's with original remote controls-- I wonder.
Perhaps my life would be filled with more books, golf courses, and funny "is this cheating?" board games if there were no TV at home. (Plus we could save $200.)
But then again, I promised to donate to NPR all last week, and didn't. My priorities are decidedly jumbled.
Anyone want to sell us a TV in exchange for me donating $50 to NPR in your name? I think that may be the perfect compromise.
I took yesterday off to mourn
Tuesday, July 17, 2007
Posted by Margo at Tuesday, July 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment