Why I love my girlfriends:

Monday, August 20, 2007

Sarah and I on Gmail chat after a lengthy (albeit, pointless) facebook exchange which I will now preface:
Sarah:Simple Pleasures dryer sheets make you smell like lavender. It's delicious. Simple Pleasures detergent plus dryer sheets make you smell like a hamster. It's disgusting.

Margo: Fact: I dilute Simple Pleasures lavender and vanilla by using half of Schuyler's disgusting unscented man-tergent. That way I smell like a lady and not a grandmother gone horribly wrong.

PS I ate two Hebrew National Beef Franks for dinner last night. I woke up this morning very thirsty, and for some reason wanting to wear a wife beater and bring a fly swatter to work...

Gmail chat:

Sarah: Hola my Kosher friend!
Margo: hahahahahahaha
how are ya?
Sarah: Oh I have a massive headache, but I feel better than you apparently
Margo: haha, yes, i have hot dog remorse
____

My good friend from Philly- chatting about a girlfriend who is making poor life decisions...
Justina: good luck to her
she can't see the forest through the trees, margo.
the girl is out to sea. no one can help her but herself
that's obvious, because there are these BLATANT red flags that she's not seeing.

spoken from a girl who has averted every red flag she has ever come across. obviously.

Margo: well of course, that's why you're the authority on the matter and we should listen to you.


It's Monday, Monday. I made it to the beach yesterday and despite the intense heat, I am longing for it again today.

PS Totally random: Is anyone else COMPLETELY disappointed with the last Harry Potter? Shame shame JK Rowling.
PPS I'm without reading material at the moment. Make a suggestion!

2 comments:

- Dani said...

A Long Way Down by Nick Hornby.

That is my suggestion. I also often have hot dog regret.

Sarah Jane said...

I should be embarrassed by the showcasing of my ridiculous banter; however, I'm quite pleased to see that it is blogworthy!

I just finished _Running with the Bulls: My Life with the Hemingways_. It's quite fascinating, actually. It's about Valerie Hemingway's days as Ernest's assistant in Spain and Cuba and how she later marries his son Greg, who turns out to be a transvestite.