New Fall Resolutions

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Last night after several Kirin Ichibans and too many sushi rolls Schuyler and I made some "New Fall" resolutions.

It's never too early to embrace change, transformation, et cetera. After several lengthy conversations with a girlfriend about the importance of the past versus the promise of the future-- I've become a little cynical. The girl just got her heart broke, repeatedly, and what do I say to her when she's trying to make sense of it all? "Some people never find their soul mate. Some people die young. Sometimes things don't resolve."

I took the easy way out.

I blame it on the recent deaths back at home to put me in this funk. I've always been the eternal optimist. "Love yourself and you will invite love into your life" and all that junk. Apparently I love wearing blinders.

Deep down, though, I hold on (knuckles white) to the notion that love and life are beautiful and purposeful and we cannot give up hope for our own happiness.

Maybe that means after a broken heart the most important thing is to dive back into life- because you don't know when your number will be called, when the sky will open up, when the madness will suddenly be gone.

So in light of all this, here's a brief list of my NEW FALL Resolutions. (Dreamed up after several beers...)

1. Go out more
2. Including after-parties
3. Dance more
4. More good beers
5. More FRIENDS- new and old
6. More adventures
7. 4 am nights should be more frequent

So basically we looked our late 20's in the eyes and were terrified to waste our time until then.

So lets have some fun already.

0 comments: