I need sleep. I'm so exhausted that I can barely blog. But I know most of you out there have almost given up on me since I said I would be back Monday and now it's Wednesday. You can send your complaints c/o Delta Airlines. Apparently cancelling our flight- more than once- is no big deal as long as they give you $21 worth of meal vouchers. For food at the Omaha Eppley Airfield. Should I have A&W or Godfathers? Decisions Decisions.
I finally got home this morning at 9am. I was at work by 9:30. And it's raining here. Buckets.
But it was great getting back. It started out on a melancholy note: upon picking my sister up in Lincoln after flying in last Saturday I learn that my best girlfriend from back at home, Kim, her grandmother died the night before. Mary Lou was an incredible lady and one of my favorite people, so it was upsetting. The funeral was lovely, and my sister came with me in between our dress fittings and grocery shopping.
I wish I could have had more time with my sister. We went out a few times, but I designated myself the driver and she cut loose with her girlfriends. We had fun breaking into the seamstresses house the morning of the wedding to bust loose the dresses, and an even better time trying to be good apprentices for Schuyler in baking key lime pies. (Lesson learned: I cannot mold crust and Sadie cannot separate eggs in any efficient manner.) But, of course, I got all weepy driving back to the airport. And then, emotional, cried when the ticket lady coldly explained our flight had been cancelled. Cried. At the Delta counter.
I'm pretty excited I caught the bouquet- though that was generously staged by my sister and I- and I'm even more excited that my family lo-loved Schuyler. And they didn't scare him off, so as far as I'm concerned President Bush- Mission Accomplished.
I officially have a brother now. Tony is the best brother I could ask for, too.
So despite the chaos of the past 11 days, I can say I'm truly happy.
Sleep? Sleep...
Wednesday, September 19, 2007
Posted by Margo at Wednesday, September 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Umm...I'm flying Delta this weekend, and my whirlwind trip doesn't have room for them to be stupid. Can you convey that to them?
Yay! Happiness amidst the chaos. Is there any other way to find it?
xoxo
Post a Comment