T Minus 4 Days!

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

I think it's probably unhealthy for me to be so excited to go home. After all, I will only be put to work with various duties such as decorating cup cakes, decorating the dance hall, decorating the 'chapel'... and I hate to decorate. Frills and I are no match. I never remember to paint my nails, wear earrings, and I never wear eyeshadow. I don't even have a cutesy collar for my cat-- and if anyone deserves some Bling it would be badass Cruz.

But back to my excitement: I can't WAIT. I mean, I know my parents are going to do some stuff that's going to be hard to explain to Schuyler. And needless to say, I embarrass easily. I have to keep reminding myself that every family has to deal with this, so it should be a non-issue.

Things I'm looking forward to: reading to Kim's 2nd graders, seeing my old pets, renting movies at "Mr. G's" and charging groceries at Mitch's to my mom's account, eating food from the garden including my mother's homemade salsa, and digging through childhood pictures with my sister.

Until then I have other things to focus on-- laundry, work (school starts this week!), and trying to study for the GRE. It's slow going. I can't believe I have to memorize 16 synonyms for the world "falsehood." I haven't even started studying for the math section... I heard that's the easy part.

Anyone want a postcard from Plainview? We have a wide selection. There's one with a picture of the City Park, and another with a picture of a wide rolling field. That's it. I would suggest the field one- but that just because I think you can see my grandpa's farm in it...

3 comments:

- Dani said...

If you send me a post card of Plainview, I promise to send you one of Vegreville when I go home in a few weeks. I think it's a fair trade. A field view for a giant easter egg view.

Sarah Jane said...

I want to see the postcard of the bar where you mom works - with you sitting on the front porch playing the cowbell and drinking straight Jaeger.

Brook said...

Zomg.
We totally have more than 2.
BDC