I'm working 55 hours between yesterday and Thursday this week.
And there is $140 worth of candy being stored in my office at the moment.
So if 55 hours worth of work is not bad enough, we have to compound that with 55 hours worth of temptation.
However, I'm combating my sweet-tooth indulgences with classes of Bikram. Well, I am until my $20 ten day trial is over (Monday) and I have to decide if I want to be poor and in shape or slightly less poor and lacking that "I just sweat for 90 minutes" glow. I keep telling myself that I spent $100 a month (at least) on bar tabs per month when I was in College. Now that I have cut that (with the occasional exception) out of my life for $8 six-packs of beer on the weekends, I feel like this is something I could afford.
PLUS they just changed my credit card limit to $10,000.
Think of all the possibilities.
Speaking of possibilities... am I considered an adult yet? I'm almost 24, but I still feel like I'm 21ish. I feel like I'm stuck between my friends that are still party animals and my friends that are already married. There seems to be no category for me. I'm so happy with my life right now, I wouldn't change anything (except, maybe working so much). Perhaps being stuck in the middle is the greatest thing to happen to me. Balancing on the bubble leaves time for fun, but I still get to work on time. I don't dream of diamonds and babies. I dream of promotions and fun weekend trips... a nice margarita and adventures with Schuyler.
And maybe it's because I've taken a few moments to push my expectations of others to the wayside. When you stop expecting things, life does seem a whole lot more spontaneous.
Spontaneous is good for today. Too bad I can't schedule a little spontaneity around work and sleep. Maybe next week...
And there is $140 worth of candy being stored in my office at the moment.
So if 55 hours worth of work is not bad enough, we have to compound that with 55 hours worth of temptation.
However, I'm combating my sweet-tooth indulgences with classes of Bikram. Well, I am until my $20 ten day trial is over (Monday) and I have to decide if I want to be poor and in shape or slightly less poor and lacking that "I just sweat for 90 minutes" glow. I keep telling myself that I spent $100 a month (at least) on bar tabs per month when I was in College. Now that I have cut that (with the occasional exception) out of my life for $8 six-packs of beer on the weekends, I feel like this is something I could afford.
PLUS they just changed my credit card limit to $10,000.
Think of all the possibilities.
Speaking of possibilities... am I considered an adult yet? I'm almost 24, but I still feel like I'm 21ish. I feel like I'm stuck between my friends that are still party animals and my friends that are already married. There seems to be no category for me. I'm so happy with my life right now, I wouldn't change anything (except, maybe working so much). Perhaps being stuck in the middle is the greatest thing to happen to me. Balancing on the bubble leaves time for fun, but I still get to work on time. I don't dream of diamonds and babies. I dream of promotions and fun weekend trips... a nice margarita and adventures with Schuyler.
And maybe it's because I've taken a few moments to push my expectations of others to the wayside. When you stop expecting things, life does seem a whole lot more spontaneous.
Spontaneous is good for today. Too bad I can't schedule a little spontaneity around work and sleep. Maybe next week...

1 comments:
So you're saying you're not ready for the ladies league quite yet. Then we'll just have to settle for drunken camping and getting to work on time.
Post a Comment