Woooo hoo! for Friday. Although I cannot say "I've finally made it" I can say it's Friday and soon the clock will read 3pm and I will be outta here.
What a week. I ate lunch with an old professor/current colleague yesterday. It taught me a lot about my misconceptions. She was the only person to give me a B in college. (Which, now that I painfully reflect on it, I probably deserved.) I always was under the impression she didn't care for my free-wheelin' ways.
I like being proven wrong. What a nice lunch we had. And discussion. I feel so much happier about my education now, too!
Today's lunch was much more lighthearted. When I started out as a college Freshman over FIVE years ago, I was assigned to work in the mail room as my campus work study. Feeling a little alone and missing my parents and grandparents, I made friends with the morning mailman. Older, sharp-tounged, good natured, and hilarious-- he made me feel completely at home. And who knew it would take five years to get together off campus for lunch. I spent the hour letting him regale me with unbelievable stories as I ate my enormous slice of pizza. And although he always suggests, "Margo My Dear, Lets Go Have a Nice Cold Beer" in a sing song voice, we kept it at iced tea today.
So I'm feeling really good right now. Proud of myself for making it through the week, making new friends, catching up with old ones... my last battle will be yoga at 4. If I can endure the 90 minutes I think I will truly be able to write this week off and clear my mind for the weekend.
Hopefully going to see the production of "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" this weekend, and my boyfriend is taking me out for a night on the town tonight!!! It's not too often when you can't wipe a grin off your face, but today is one of those days.
Today: Sanskrit
Friday, October 19, 2007
Posted by Margo at Friday, October 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment