If you can you must...

Monday, November 26, 2007

I love spending the holidays sick. After consuming an unforgivable amount of food at a lovely D-hall dinner with my boyfriend and his mom on Thursday, I woke up unassuming to a beautiful Friday morning. Forced myself into a 90 minute yoga session all the while thinking that Camel was making me a lot more nauseous than it normally does...

So while Nebraska was getting the pants beat off of them while us humiliated Nebraskans watched on ABC... I became progressively more depressed at the fact I would be scratching my plans of riding my bike downtown and replacing them with being crumpled on the couch and going to bed at 7:30pm. So much for ice skating.

I did however get my application to Bread Loaf on Friday, and am very excited to fill it out. Six weeks in Vermont studying literature? Sounds too good to be true, and it probably is. But until my dreams are shattered (I emailed a colleague of mine asking about the validity of this program... I'm taking it as a bad sign that he hasn't responded in his normally punctual way) I can dream about a Vermont summer.

Never mind that I have a job. A 12 month/year job. That gets two (not six) weeks paid vacation.

This could be a problem. But everyone has problems...

Like I have this amazing friend and she needs to know how special she is, but Richard Brautigan says it best:

ALL GIRLS SHOULD HAVE A POEM

All girls should have a poem
written for them even if
we have to turn this God-damn world
upside down to do it.

New Mexico March 16, 1969

0 comments: