For Reelz

Monday, December 3, 2007

Celebration weekend!

Schuyler and I have gone an entire year together. Despite the odds. Despite my notorious cold feet and strange sense of humor. Despite (apparently) surmountable obstacles, we have found strength in each other. It's so wonderful.

We celebrated with dinner and wine at Opus (yum!) where I was adventurous and ordered pork belly for the 3rd course.

And lemon-anise creme brulee for desert. Made by mister himself.

And apathetic table decorations. Which, of course, I loved. (I love Schuyler, therefore I love apathy?)

We walked around downtown, though I was freezing in my dress, had a Chimay and Moosbacher at a lounge, and then went home.

I passed out above-covers nearly mid-sentence in a red wine coma.

Today is our actual anniversary. In fact, I find it a little funny that we are celebrating it. I think I like to be forcibly sentimental about things and I'm big on dates. The lines of dating/not dating are so blurry once you're out of high school- let alone nearly 24. I think it's important that we take some time to celebrate-- to escape the mundane.

I take this to the extreme- giving my cat special treats on his adoption birthday and telling everyone at work when it was my one-year employment anniversary.


But if you asked, and you didn't, but I'll tell you anyway: I'm so happy today. I feel like for once in my life I've gained some momentum.

0 comments: