Please pardon the messy-ness of my storage area in this picture. But this is the newest distructor of peace at our house: Iggy. He's an 8 month old black and white Manx (see the tiny tail?) we rescued from the Human Society. I normally don't like to get up on a soap box about things- but allow me a moment. St. John's County euthanizes over 200 cats and kittens a month, and almost that many dogs and puppies. When we went into the adoption area, Schuyler and I found a cat dead in its cage. I left heartbroken. Iggy is only one. My cat, De La Cruz, was also rescued from the Human Society in Scottsdale AZ. If you are looking for a pet, especially a cat- please look at the Animal Control Shelter and your local humane society first! These animals are definitely looking for a little luck...
Iggy is Schuyler's cat, and you can already tell. While my cat is a little needy, flamboyant, and insanely fluffy-- Iggy is the opposite. He's a little aloof, not nearly as vocal as "Cruiser," but extremely affectionate in his own way. He likes to head-butt us, and won't back away from my cat even though Cruiser is three times the size of him. I laugh when I think about how he's even long-legged like Schuyler. He's fast becoming a well-loved personality in our little household.

1 comments:
Amen. I can't tell people enough to rescue animals. There are so many that need a home! And the one you gave a home is a cutie!
Post a Comment