So it's cement cutting day outside my office. They are building an art museum right next to my office...
Don't get me wrong, I'm excited about the final product. However, I'm definitely not enjoying the topless dread locked cement workers who apparently don't believe in socks work outside my window with large hydraulic machinery. I'd pull my blinds shut- but I'm trying to prove my boyfriend wrong and keep the plant in my office alive for longer than 3 weeks.
(It's aloe, though, apparently it can't die. I'm sure I'll inadvertently find a way.)
This has been good this morning despite the noise. Yesterday I was home sick with some of the worst stomach anomalies known to man. Waking up early today (with a cured stomach) to spend some time eating breakfast and listening to NPR with my man proved just the stuff to start a Wednesday. Although I skipped my 8am yoga class, I still feel pretty good about myself.
And can I just mention, if this dead horse hasn't been beaten enough, that if you need a way to deal with stress in your life-- yoga is a lifesaver. Sure it's 105 degrees in the room and it lasts for 90 minutes... but it has totally mellowed me out. And I needed some mellowing. Working 50+ hours a week takes a toll.
I'm already getting excited for the weekend and next week (Thanksgiving!) This weekend I'm hoping will be cool. I'd like to go on a long bike ride with my boyfriend, shopping for a wine rack for our kitchen, and there's an art exhibit in Jacksonville I'd like to see.
But then again, I'll see what the day presents. I was pleasantly surprised today. Perhaps this weekend will hold a few more surprises...
Fall is my favorite...
Wednesday, November 14, 2007
Posted by Margo at Wednesday, November 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Your whole yoga-bantering is making some of us feel guilty - especially when we realize that we did not burn 852 calories doing yoga yesterday. In fact, I probably didn't burn 852 calories in the entire day. Such is life behind a desk...
Post a Comment