I'm homesick. The inevitability of it shouldn't surprise me-- but I do feel a little bombarded.
I'm trying to plan a trip to Arizona in February when my mom will be visiting my sister but, of course, it looks like I have to go on a work trip instead.
I wish someone would have told me how hard it is to have a very close family and then relocate 2,000 miles away from them.
When I lived in Arizona with my sister we used to do things like go to 11am movies (always sappy chick flicks or kids movies) and then eat gelatto for lunch. We'd get pedicures on Sunday, and then go to the pool and ruin them. When her father-in-law would come to stay, we would lock ourselves in my room and drink wine and watch Project Runway. We'd get sushi and Woodchuck every Friday night and watch reruns of Roseanne. When we lived together back in Nebraska, during High School, about 1,000 years ago, we'd go on dates to Norfolk for Runzas or Tastee Treat. (Which is still my favorite restaurant in the entire world, always will be.) We'd split firewood with dad and make dinner with mom, and it was always fun. We'd make fun of each others stupid boyfriends-- usually resulting in a breakup. (Not a single breakup that I regret, either.)
Now we talk on the phone once or twice a week. It's hard to get in touch with the 3 hour time difference and the fact that we work opposite schedules.
Not that I'm saying that my life isn't great here in Florida, I'm just saying...
there's a lot to miss.
Icky Icky Poo
Wednesday, January 9, 2008
Posted by Margo at Wednesday, January 09, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow, it's like you're in my head (get out).
The bad side of moving home, I once again have to worry about what to do with my jacket when I go to the bar....oh the dilemmas.
I suggest you start playing the lottery, then between your shifts as a beer cart girl here, you can hope on a plane and visit the fam!
Tastee treat rocks. I wish I could find a decent recipe to make my own.
Post a Comment