The best thing about a birthday? All the guilt-free fun having. Including bloody marys, sushi, and ridiculous horrible dancing.
Worst thing about a birthday? (Besides the fact that I feel incredibly old.) The next morning.
I think I was stuck somewhere between drunk and hungover when the alarm went off at 6:30 this morning. The side that felt drunk ate birthday cake for breakfast, laughed hysterically with my boyfriend about how mad he got at me just a few hours before because I wanted to go to bed and then accidently shut his hand in the bathroom door, and then insisting that it would be ok if I brought a movie to work to watch on my computer. The hungover side of me was eating tylenol, couldn't find my drivers license, and trying to figure out how wear sweatpants to work.
But thank you to everyone who made this day great! I got some sweet cards and gifts via mail including a ring my late-grandpa made my mom when she started dating my father, some bath lovelies, flowers from a girlfriend, and my boyfriend kinda went all-out with an amazing spa package.
I'm going to stop wallowing in my "boo-hoo 24 is so old" pity party now. Cause lets face it, the real party has just begun.
Funniest Morning Ever
Friday, January 4, 2008
Posted by Margo at Friday, January 04, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
And whenever you get sad about your age, you can call me and brag about how you'll never be as old as me and refer to me as an 'old lady' or something a bit more clever (because after all, I'm at least a month and a half older than you). I give you permission.
Happy Birthday Margo!
Post a Comment