Sushi dreams...

Friday, February 1, 2008

Recently my dreams have been shattered. I heard that a person should monitor their tuna fish intake because of mercury content. At first I didn't really lament, I only go out for sushi about every other week. Tossed salad with tuna about once a week at the Casa Monica.

But last night I dreampt I was being force-fed big (huge) raw tuna steaks. Not only was I being force-fed, but my entire family was eating next to me.

Great. I'm already a hyperchondriac. Now I get to worry about mercury poisoning. (Which, I honestly don't know what the symptoms are, and don't tell me or I will convince myself I have them.)

And lets get one thing strait. I am not giving up sushi.

Things I will give up:
Eggplant
Chocolate (Milk)
Running (gladly!)
Pauly Shore movies (only Jury Duty and In the Army Now)
Black tea (but not green)
Socks
Re-runs of Will and Grace
PerezHilton.com (seriously, someone stop me-- I'm addicted to this queen)
all light beers (but not dark)
Rum
Chick-fil-a (sooo over it)
and my Elton John CD's

But not sushi(!)

Anyway, it's First Friday here in the Oldest City and I'm going to Art Walk tonight. I shall enjoy a free glass of wine, and feel underdressed like always. (Seriously, girls, a black mini for Artwalk? I prefer my crappy jeans and Rainbows.)

So this girl is going home to put on her crappy jeans, her comfortable shoes, and get excited because it isn't the weekend. And unlike some poor little Ohio Buckeye stuck in the rainy sleety snow, I can be thankful I can wear flipflops. (Sorry Sarah.)
Ciao!

2 comments:

Sarah Jane said...

Well, I could wear flip-flops, too. I just might get frostbite!

- Dani said...

I've worn flip flops in snow before...sober. Now that I think back on it though, I have NO idea why anyone would do such a thing. I was probably trying to look cool in high school or something. And trust me, it worked.