Fat Tuesday

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

And I have a huge carryout container of Carrabbas at home waiting for me!

Seeing as I was never forced to go to church as a child, nor do I affiliate myself with a religion/church presently, I will not be observing lent.

However, I am a very competative person, and have taken the novelty of giving up something to heart this year. I wish I could give up my sad, sick addiction to all that is PerezHilton combined with CNN.com political commentary over my lunch breaks.

That may be too much for me to handle.

So, starting tomorrow, I'm giving up going out for lunch. (Sounds ironic as this will only enable my previously stated addictions.) However, I've been spending $7 at least three days a week for a turkey, hummus, and veggie wrap (with extra yellow peppers) and another $10 (at least) on the random downtown lunch.

It's really killing my already meager budget.

So starting tomorrow please don't ask me to lunch (unless you're paying, of course) and please don't tell me that I'm too old to eat PB&J and apple slices at my desk while everyone else is out galavanting with the locale.

I would have said I had one lovely last lunch, but I didn't. Instead, a lady at work brought in these insanely rich puff pastries filled with marzipan and whipped cream. So I ate one of those at 10am, felt insanely guilty and had a banana and mango juice for lunch, then crashed about an hour ago and ate a fistful of pretzels. (And by fistful I mean, the rest of the bag.)

Perhaps I'll have enough money come April to take a mini-vacation.

Oh, yeah, and back to the whole Fat Tuesday thing... I am craving a Hurricane from Harrys so badly right now.

1 comments:

- Dani said...

Can the mini-vacation be to Disney with me? Does it matter that I don't like rollercoasters? Is that going to be a problem?

And I LOVE Tom Petty's Wildflowers album. And you too.