Valentines Shmalentines

Friday, February 15, 2008

You haven't truly experienced Valentines Day until you've worked an office job. It is a sorting of the women into two groups: Those who get flowers... and those who get pathetic looks from the girls who get flowers.

I would fall into the latter.

And I wouldn't mind so much if my office wasn't the first one in the building, always with the door open to welcome potential visitors. It was a parade of lilies, roses, and tulips all day long past my usually-cheery office door.

It really makes a girl hate flowers. And I swear to God if I get one more pathetic look this direction by one of the flower-receivers, I WILL go dump their boquets in the toilet and flush it as many times as it takes for them to go down the ancient plumbing in this building.

2 comments:

- Dani said...

I bought myself flowers yesterday. Then my roommate and I cooked a lovely spinach and salmon dinner followed closely with brownies and coffee ice cream.

It was the best V Day ever, next to actually being loved by someone.

Sarah Jane said...

Flowers are overrated anyway. Often, the love behind the flowers dies as quickly as the petals themselves. And TRUST ME when I say that there is NO NEED to be jealous of those who received them - ahem ahem.