Hives

Monday, March 31, 2008

According to WebMD they should go away in "2 hours to a few weeks." Since I've had them since Sunday, I am betting the 2 hour diagnosis isn't going to be very accurate.

Also, according to WebMD, that 80% of people who experience hives cannot link it to diet or environment.

Great. I tried combating them yesterday with a Waldryl. Something to keep in mind- don't take a hystamine blocker before a two hour car ride in which you will be the driver. I nearly fell asleep on I-95. Itchy is much better than sleepy, in my opinion.

I wish you could go home sick from work with hives. But alas, you cannot.

I hope they go away by the weekend-- Sarah is going to be in town (!!!) for her bachelorette party (!!!) and some much needed beach-laying. It's the only thing getting me through this dreary, rainy Monday morning.

2 comments:

Sarah Jane said...

Well, if they're not gone by Friday, then I will administer the perfect cure. "I've got the fever, and the only cure is MORE COWBELL!"

- Dani said...

I think you need an HR representative. Because I'm pretty sure you should be able to go home with hives. I'm just saying, I've stayed home for a LOT less. Sprained toe anyone??