Damn you 91!!

Friday, April 25, 2008

So apparently we are getting our tax returns a week early. Hooray! I started having a mini-celebration at my desk over lunch once I read it on CNN.com. While chewing on my carrot sticks (wishing they were french fries) I looked closer at the article.

They are dispersing the money in order of the last two digits of your social security number.

Are you KIDDING me? I stopped mentally spending my money on the Gucci sunglasses I've been drooling over for weeks because it looks like it'll be July before I can see the green. By then the Gucci's will have missed half of beach season and really, what's the use?

And yes, I'm fully aware that I just publicized my last two "top secret" numbers-- but I doubt some puzzle freak will take the time to figure out the other seven. I hope, at least. If so, I'll be worth $600 in July- so wait until then to steal my identity.

1 comments:

- Dani said...

Mine are 53 (there, they can steal mine too). Didn't you get it direct deposited? Then you could easily use it to own your new sunglasses by the end of May.

I'm still curious as to whether the gov't is going to share the love with its favorite American living Canuck.