Bleck. So Saturday I had to work. Hooray for super stressfull morning that started at 6am after a sleepless night (thank you, superannoyingchestcold!) and concluded with me having to say no to super delicious graduation cake because the pink dress just now started fitting less like a koozie and more like a dress.
Yay for the pink dress! Boo for Margo.
Went home, but since I replaced cake with three cups of coffee I failed to force a nap out of my vibrating body.
Saw Tapes N Tapes on Saturday night with the fabulo Holly after dining at Present Moments Cafe.
Don't eat at Present Moment's Cafe. I consider myself a bit of a beansprout. My protein of choice is fish and beans, and I can't remember the last time I actually ate fast food. But this was crossing the line. Present Moment's Cafe is a Raw/Live food vegan restaurant. Don't let the pretty stained glass windows fool you and cheerful chalk board sign boasting sea veggies fool you. You will leave hungry. Schuyler ordered the "hamburger" with "dripping provalone." Which was actually a nut patty with soy curd and pine nut puree on top. I got the endive salad with avacado and red pepper-- and it extremely dry. And I'm pretty sure it had flax seed all over it... which is... interesting. Holly's meal actually looked good. It was shredded zucchini with pesto on it... I was extremely jealous. So I don't know if I'll ever go back-- if I do it will probably be for lunch and I'm definately ordering the zucchini pesto.
But back to the topic of this post: Sunday was my only day off. And that's such a death sentence because the whole day I was preoccupied with trying to enjoy the day and not let work things sneak into my head. Saw "Baby Mama" which was super cute and I broke my diet coke ban for a moment because I have to drink diet coke at the movies. It's part of the ambiance. We spent the rest of the day at Home Depot/installing new ceiling fans and contemplating whether we should get new carpet or hardwood laminate.
All in all, it's Monday and it's raining and I want another day for fun. Is that so much to ask for? Pa Please?
One Day Weekends
Monday, April 28, 2008
Posted by Margo at Monday, April 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I understand the travesty that is one day weekends. I'm frimly against them, but have probably picked the wrong career at least for Jan- Apr to have such opinions.
Move to Canada with me. We love our long weekends up there, usually managing to create a reason for one at least once a month.
Post a Comment