To cover a lot of subject matter in less than four pages, I will be briefly summerizing this fabulo weekend (aka Sarah's Bachelorette Weekend) with my high points and low points:
Friday
High Points: Surprising Sirah and Bets at the St. Augustine airport with Candance and then delicious happy hour at Scarletts. And, of course, meeting Sarah's Lowcountry girls!
Low Points: Walking home from Dunes bare footed because my heels were killing me, Bets pulling me aside telling me Skybus went bankrupt (oh no what now!?), and the feather pillow from alergy hell.
Saturday
High Points: Playing "shot-or-not" with greasy hot dogs, Sarah playing the tamborine at Tallywhackers, quarters at JP Henly's, laughing as we try to hunch under one stolen umbrella from the splooshing traffice between Markland and Henly's, party-bed, and Joe the loved-and-lost taxi driver.
Low Points: Flooded horse pee pee streets in St. Augustine and the ruining of my beautiful brown leather heels, missing the morning lay-out session on 12th street, eating (then regretting) a slice of disgusting half-melted Tostinos pizza.
Sunday:
High Points: Three hour nap and Manatee Cafe after dropping off Sarah and Bets (see below)
Low Points: Saying goodbye to the girls! Boooo!
It was so fun to have a girls weekend filled with fun debauchery. Aside from being alergic to the feather pillow, nothing feels better than a huge house right on the ocean filled with tons of fun friends. I only wish that Skybus didn't go out of business so soon-- and we could have gone to Reggae Sunday... It was nice to actually be able to celebrate the fact that Sarah is getting married to Chris- because with so many people getting hitched for the wrong reasons, or getting hitched for the right reasons but to wrong people-- I can honestly say that I think these two are getting it right! Hooray!
Now I'm just nursing my over-tired brain through a credit card claim on my upcoming cancelled Skybus flight to Columbus, finding a new ticket to Columbus, and a long day of work. My office is filled with windows- and it's raining. It's hard to concentrate- I want a nap!
Missing the girls already!
Monday, April 7, 2008
Posted by Margo at Monday, April 07, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment