I was considered a 'half-pint' when I was 15 years old. Only 5'4'' and 110 pounds-- I was pretty-much written off as a long jumper in high school as a result. (My mother, holding the record at my school and always hoping I would follow in her footsteps, was disspointed in my uncooperative growth.)
So it only ticks me off even more when the Chinese win gold last night with a team full of supposed 15 and 16 year olds. Are you kidding me? According to Sports Illustrated the Chinese line up consisted of:
Li Shanshan (16) 4-foot-9, 79 pounds
Yang Yilin (15) 4-foot-11, 77 pounds
He Kexin (16) 4-foot-8, 73 pounds
Jiang Yuyuan (16) 4-foot-7, 71 pounds
Deng Linlin (16), 4-foot-6, 68 pounds. (Schuyler pointed out that she's missing a tooth...)
68 pounds? Four foot, six inches? I don't think so. If I was "half-pint" what are they? Teaspoons? I just don't buy it.
And poor Alicia Sacramone. I just wanted to cry for her last night.
Are you kidding me?
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
Posted by Margo at Wednesday, August 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Turns out the girl is 14, and Perez can prove it. Don't feel bad, friend. If you weighed 68 pounds in middle or high school, I probably would've kidnapped you and forced you to eat El Potro (Los Tres Amigos) until you were so sick of black beans and rice (and queso dip) that you never wanted to eat again. Speaking of El Potro, I could go for some nachos...
Post a Comment