I know you didn't ask, but I'm going to tell you anyway

Friday, September 19, 2008

OH time for the dreaded Friday update. This is when I usually get obnoxiously optimistic about all the wonders that the weekend holds for my fabulous ass.

Not today. At least—not so much today. Because this week? has exhausted the hell out of me. Yes. I admit it. Now with the new job my phone is ringing four times as much and I’m getting four times as many emails. Which of course is great for the “Margo feels IMPORTANT” category but GEESH am I just plain ass tired when I finally get home. At which time I “make” dinner (crack open a Wailua Wheat and popcorn) and zone out in front of the 8pm showing of The Daily Show because I’m too tired to actually make it to 11pm. GOD I’m so totally grossed out by how old lady like I am this week.

Tonight, though. Tonight I’m making an effort… bike ride with Schuyler (which is so super nice of me because I am terrified of riding a bike on a road that contains more than one car.)

And tomorrow I have to work. At the beach. I use the term “work” loosely in the aspect that yes I’m required to be there, and no I’m not allowed to drink—but heck, it’s the beach. Sure, it’s a Saturday morning- but still, it beats my normal Saturday morning routine. (Clean the house and laundry.) The rest of the weekend is up in the air. I suspect it will involve some sort of “home improvement” followed by me pouting… and then making bloody marys.

Also, it saddens me to say that Gamble will not be living at Casa de Cook on a permanent basis. Although he was very happy there, the cats spent the weekend protesting by not leaving the top shelf in my closet, and Karli- a dog at Gamble’s previous home was beside herself with grief. (Apparently she hid under the bed the entire time he was gone.) I was completely sad and upset and all huffy about him going back, but then Schuyler said the word “puppy” and “buy” in the same sentence and I kinda blacked out in anticipation for a new puppy/baby/spoiled nugget.

Oh, and on a final note. Everyone celebrate because I can FINALLY wear my new swimwear just in time for fall... and I’m pretty sure my fixation with swimwear is going to quickly transition into BOOT OMG BOOTS.

0 comments: