Delicious!

Thursday, December 4, 2008

I’m surprised I made it to work on time. Not only because of all the rich Italian seafood extravaganza last night and the bottle of shiraz, but also because in the wee hours of the morning I heard my little Lulu crying in her crate so I put that little snuggle bean in bed with us. And it is really REALLY hard to get out of bed when this little girl has her squishy face sleeping on you. Seriously. It’s call-in-sick-to-work cute.

So our anniversary was great! A couple of weeks ago Schuyler and I were at the Big Trunk Show at Café 11, and there were these earrings that I wanted there but, low and behold, I didn’t have enough cash for them. They were pink and had owls stamped on them. I was bummed, but figured it wasn’t the end of the world since the girl who cuts my hair, Whitney, was the girl who makes and sells them. I mention this to Schuyler, and he has her specially make another pair just for me. Of course I didn’t know that until yesterday morning when I was eating my rice chex before work and he gives me a box and says “Happy Anniversary.” So sweet!

And me? Yeah… I didn’t get him anything. Seeing as we previously decided no presents for the next few special occasions in justifying the obscene amount of money Lulu cost. (Even though I was perfectly happy- and preferred- to adopt a dog, the moment I met Lulu I knew she was mine.) And to make matters worse, when I was all “Err… I didn’t… er… get you anything… but Lulu… remember our agreement? And she’s so cute!” Lulu starts projectile vomiting her dinner all over the bedroom.

But it was a great day. Our dinner at Café Atlantico was superb. We had clams, gnocchi with shrimp, olives, salad with anise seeds, filet, diver scallops, fresh pasta, panna cotta, and tiramisu. Schuyler and I had just a lovely time together… it was a great way to celebrate. And I’m looking forward to our next year together!

0 comments: