My birthday... that thing. I bet all of your were on the edge of your seats waiting to hear about it.
Unfortunately, I spent the evening before at a dinner party at a friends house and drank a barrel of Chardonnay. (I do not share.) So the first 12 hours of my birthday were spent drinking water, eating tylenol, and watching a Real Housewives of New York City marathon in bed. The second twelve hours were much more exciting. I took Lu for a walk downtown (where she proceeded to barf practically on cue every time someone said 'ohhh cute puppy can I pet it?' Cue Lu: BARF). Ironically, that's all I wanted to do as well.
Schuyler got off work and took me to the Lighthouse because I've never climbed it before.
.jpg)
Then we went to sushi, where I proceeded to eat everything on my plate and Schuyler's plate. Since my sister is banned from sushi due to being knocked up she dared me to eat at least four rolls in order to make up for what she couldn't eat. I made it through three and had to give up. Ok, three rolls and two pieces of Schuyler's. And a salad. What? What are you staring at people?
Finally, the best part of the evening came when Schuyler said he had to check something at work. We get to his restaurant and this server brings me to this table with flowers and champagne and they bring out this enormous dark chocolate and strawberry cake that Schuyler made. It was so lovely, I almost cried. And an absolutely lovely surprise.
So to get back to the title of this post- my birthday was lovely but I've finally realized I'm in my "mid-twenties." Ick. Double ick. So my vow this year is to make 25 the new 21. And not in the "OMG I can go to the bar and binge drink on shots called 'buttery nipples' and 'mexican wildfires", but in the "i'm energetic, i'm still in college playing golf and making time for myself and my friends" sense. Cause 21 was a good year (minus all the groady bar hopping and poorness of being a college student that lived on rice and beans and taco bell) and I need a little more 21 in my life.
Oh hi. This is me on my 21st birthday. Ew. (And holy long hair!)
0 comments:
Post a Comment