After falling off the face of the earth...

Friday, January 2, 2009

I’m back. Finally. Big sigggghhhhhhh. I miss home.

My flight to Nebraskaland was one time (!) and I made it home right after dark. Spent the next five days eating everything within grabbing distance, catching up with old friends and family, and marveling at the fact that I’M GOING TO BE AN AUNTIE. Yes, my fertile, married, do-gooding younger sister of mine is gestating a little baby. She told the family on Christmas morning, although I had the supreme honor of being the first person she told TWO WEEKS prior to Christmas. And I actually kept it a secret. Miracles do happen.

And since her hubby is an only child, I will be the only aunt. Oh the absolute spoiling power I now possess.

So basically after the cat was let out of the bag, my parents and I spent all of Christmas arguing if it’s going to be a boy or girl (girl girl, please be a girl!) and what we should name it and if it’s going to be a professional athlete and be our money ticket. You know, all stuff within our immediate control.

So please bear with me as I spend the next six months fixated on everything baby.

You could say that Christmas was great. I also got to see my friends Kim, Leslie, Stacey, Derek et cetera. And wish my dad a happy birthday in person. And play in the snow. And see my grandparents.

I got back just in time to celebrate New Years Eve with Schuyler. In a strange turn of events, while driving home from work on New Years Eve I almost got hit by three different drivers. Assuming they were already tanked at 9:30 at night, I came home and convinced Schuyler that we should stay in. (I am not boring, but I can be a little anal-retentive when it comes to safety.) For some goofy reason I got tipsy on Sparks and was talking AT THE TOP OF MY LUNGS ALL NIGHT. Much to Schuyler’s dismay. And our neighbors. But it was fun.

And now back to normalcy. Oh wait, nevermind. My birthday is tomorrow. The only good thing about cramming Christmas, New Years, a trip home, and my birthday into a 10 day stretch? I do all my junk food/cake eating at one time of the year. Will shed all the pounds by February (hopefully) and be good for another 11 months. Until then, where’s my mother fucking birthday cake? Bring.it.on.

0 comments: