We celebrated Christmas this weekend… and I made out like a pirate. (Booty!)
Ahem, anyway. Schuyler got me this amazing antique bookshelf for our house. It’s so big it will only fit in the living room and we have to sell a side table because we don’t have room for it anymore! But it’s all worth it because I finally have room for all my books. And Schuyler has room for all his books—with space left over! (Although, I’m really shallow and I still keep all my trashy novels by Jennifer Weiner, Jen Lancaster, Stephanie Meyer, et cetera in my old bookcase in the spare bedroom.)

So I’m pretty happy and I don’t feel like I need any more generosity bestowed on me this holiday season. I haven’t earned it! Seriously people!
Unless you want to buy me some books… that’d be cool. I’d really like a biography on Marie Antoinette. And some Amy Tan books.
And while I’m on the subject—someone got me a subscription to Vogue. It comes every month and the address label says my subscription doesn’t run out until 9/09. I enjoy getting it and coveting all the pretty shoes/bags/dresses that I could never in a million years afford, but seriously, please let me know if you are the culprit. So I can properly thank you. (And perhaps talk about shoes with you.)

Arg! It’s a pirate’s life for me!
Ahem, anyway. Schuyler got me this amazing antique bookshelf for our house. It’s so big it will only fit in the living room and we have to sell a side table because we don’t have room for it anymore! But it’s all worth it because I finally have room for all my books. And Schuyler has room for all his books—with space left over! (Although, I’m really shallow and I still keep all my trashy novels by Jennifer Weiner, Jen Lancaster, Stephanie Meyer, et cetera in my old bookcase in the spare bedroom.)

So I’m pretty happy and I don’t feel like I need any more generosity bestowed on me this holiday season. I haven’t earned it! Seriously people!
Unless you want to buy me some books… that’d be cool. I’d really like a biography on Marie Antoinette. And some Amy Tan books.
And while I’m on the subject—someone got me a subscription to Vogue. It comes every month and the address label says my subscription doesn’t run out until 9/09. I enjoy getting it and coveting all the pretty shoes/bags/dresses that I could never in a million years afford, but seriously, please let me know if you are the culprit. So I can properly thank you. (And perhaps talk about shoes with you.)

Arg! It’s a pirate’s life for me!
0 comments:
Post a Comment