You may notice that I've removed The Story of Edgar Sawtelle from my list of books i'm currently reading.
If you're looking for a great book, I highly suggest it. It is a story of the midwest, of dog lovers, of those who struggle with expressing their inner voice. Totally engrossing, it is an American ghost story that will truly turn you upside down by the end. It has a slow pace that can only be appreciated by those committed to finishing the book, but that commitment does not go unrewarded.
But buyer beware: I was crying so hard at the end of it Schuyler heard me in the back bedroom. And I don't cry while reading books. A few tears when I read "One of Ours", but nothing along the lines of this book.
Currently I'm finishing up The Russian Debutante's Handbook for bookclub, and I've chosen The Reader for next month. Unfortunately I just realized that The Reader was an Oprah bookclub choice in '99. GAH. But so far I can barely put it down, so I will forgive it for being an Oprah book.
The Story of Edgar Sawtelle
Monday, February 16, 2009
Posted by Margo at Monday, February 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment