Rainy day woman

Wednesday, May 20, 2009


Monday it rained. Yesterday it rained. Today it’s raining. Forecast for the next ten days: unrelenting rain with a chance of depression. And to think, I’ve been looking forward to this three-day weekend for so long. Schuyler and I were going to go camping and tubing. Now the plans just involve that case of beer in the fridge and two very bored individuals with too much time on their hands. That reminds me, I need to hide the tequila to ensure our safety.

This rain is bringing havoc to my life in more ways than one. The sunroof on my 14 year old Lexus is leaking into my car in big fat drips, my dog refuses to poop when it’s raining on her thus making her a ticking time bomb in the house, I can’t seem to get up enough energy to change my clothes and get to the gym, and don’t even get me started on my hair. My hair looks like I’ve simultaneously stuck my fingers in an electrical socket and tried to flat iron it with waffle iron.
There’s a girl that works in my office from Seattle… I think I’m going to go ask her what people are supposed to do with their time when it rains like this.

From subversivecrossstitch.com

0 comments: