In preparation for another move, I was cleaning out my desk today and I discovered something I had hanging in my old office. (I have moved offices four times in the past two years… this will be the fifth.) It’s a list of “40 Tips for Better Life.” Several of these I have circled, and in re-reading them, I thought I’d post my favorites.
#2 Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day. Buy a lock if you have to.
I enjoy this one and it reminds me of Virginia Woolf’s “A Room of One’s Own” which is a favorite essay of mine.
#5 Live with the three E’s—Energy, Enthusiasm, and Empathy.
#8 Spend time with people over the age of 70 and under the age of 6.
In re-reading this I reflected on the time I recently spent with a two year old named “Abe.” He brought so much light into the room and I felt energized just hearing him laugh or point out what color my dress was. “Gween” he said to me. Subsequently my ovaries started to throb and I had to leave the room. Maybe I’ll stick to hanging out with my grandparents.
#10 Eat more foods the grow on trees and plants and less food that is manufactured in plants.
#14 Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip, energy vampires, issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control.
#18 Life is not fair, but it’s still good.
#22 Make peace with your past so it won’t spoil the present.
I think this is a lifelong process…
#23 Don’t compare your life to others’. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
I’m horribly and undeniably guilty of this.
#34 No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
I lived by this for a few months last year when this was hanging in my office. Things I would normal wiggle out of I decided to attend, and you know what? My life was a little bit richer for it. I think I will be hanging this up in my new office.
A little topical inspiration for this Friday
Friday, May 29, 2009
Posted by Margo at Friday, May 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment