Soon enough

Thursday, May 28, 2009

I leave for North Carolina in eighteen days. Which means I have two days allocated for every book I still have to read.

Don’t even act surprised. Have we met? My middle name is “procrastination” and I can only concentrate in one state of mind: last minute panic. I wrote my 25 page senior paper in four days. I did my entire intro poetry portfolio the night before. Eighteen days? Well, I’m not even sweating yet. Although Schuyler has never been with me while I’ve been in school and on a deadline. He’s probably going to freak out a little when I stay up three nights in a row and sustain myself on a diet of sugar free red bull and munchkins from Dunkin’ Donuts.

Actually, he’ll probably be stoked about my new diet and want to partake in all the sugar intake, too.

Besides reading the books, I still have a lot to do. I have to install Word on my new laptop (probably a necessity.) I need to get my car tuned up for the drive, and dig out my college laundry hamper, extra long twin sheets, and shower flip flops.
The one thing that is already packed? My Justin Timberlake poster. He’s survived many a dorm room wall, and his reign is not yet over

2 comments:

Nikki said...

I wish you were going to have a roommate for one day so she could have a good laugh at your JT poster.

Flip-flops in the shower will be so worth it for a summer in Asheville. I'm sooo jealous... You are going to fall in love with Tupelo Honey Cafe. Mark my word.

Anonymous said...

Hahah. I did my poetry portfolio the night before too. Oh, Horner.

Wait, I have a thought...Can I come visit?!? I can write while you're in class. I need some inspiration...