I’m starting to recover and subsequently freak out over school. Just when I was catching my breath Tuesday afternoon the mail came with a thick packet from Bread Loaf with all my school instructions. In bold print, “It is strongly recommended you have completed all your reading prior to your arrival in North Carolina as your professors will expect you to hit the ground running.”
Gulp.
This will not be the endless summer. I will not be doo-woping Olivia Newton John style to “Summer Lovin.” This will be the summer of deadlines and travel and not getting PAID for weeks on end. This will be the summer I spend six weeks away from Schuyler.
However, I’m not quite ready to write off the summer of 2009. There are a few things brewing—things that will go down in the history books as exclamations. My sister is having a baby! I’m studying American literature in Asheville!!
William Carlos Williams said “In the summer the song sings itself.” Who knows what this summer has in store, but I do know one thing: it will be absolutely memorable.
Gulp.
This will not be the endless summer. I will not be doo-woping Olivia Newton John style to “Summer Lovin.” This will be the summer of deadlines and travel and not getting PAID for weeks on end. This will be the summer I spend six weeks away from Schuyler.
However, I’m not quite ready to write off the summer of 2009. There are a few things brewing—things that will go down in the history books as exclamations. My sister is having a baby! I’m studying American literature in Asheville!!
William Carlos Williams said “In the summer the song sings itself.” Who knows what this summer has in store, but I do know one thing: it will be absolutely memorable.
A moment of respite in a weekend of crazy. (Photo by Zach Thomas)
0 comments:
Post a Comment