Show and Tell

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

It's been raining and foggy here the past few days. I snapped this shot yesterday between rain storms. The cement ledge ends right at the window of my dorm suite. The actual window to my dorm room is around the side, next to the door. Which means I get the express pleasure of listening to every single person come in and out of the building. It also means I know about every single party, what's for dinner in the Dining Hall, who's pissed and whom, and basically any gossip on campus. Our window is always open for some fresh air-- and I really enjoy overhearing these snippets of conversation.

Here's the view from the cement ledge. It's the courtyard of our dorms, and that sidewalk leads down to the running track, which I have been frequenting in order to burn off all those dining hall cookies. Seriously, this dining hall has magical, delectable, fantastically soft and sweet oatmeal cookies. I can't stay out of them. Speaking of food:This is my diet, plus a sprinkling of oatmeal cookies. Fruit liberated from the dining hall, chai tea, almonds, water/coffee/juice liberated from the dining hall, and fiber bars. Yes, fiber bars. I have no shame. I'm in a strange, far-away place and I am not taking the chance of being miserable for six weeks.

The food here really isn't too good. The dining hall only serves pizza, some weird veggie dishes with exorbitant amounts of butter, and a salad bar. And after eating salad for two meals a day for seven days, I am sick of salad bar. Dear Mom, Send Steak. Love, Margo.

0 comments: