you check Facebook this morning and you can't figure out why everyone's status refers to a "four day weekend." Why are so many people taking Friday off? Is there a wedding I'm forgetting about? Hmmm.
Oh der. 4th of July. This is what happens when you live in a dorm without television or a newspaper subscription. I've totally lost contact with reality. I think I was the last person on earth to hear that MJ had died. (RIP my moon-walking friend-- you inspired the many hours I spent in my socks on the kitchen linoleum learning to do just that.)
Being this secluded is good and bad. It's great for days like today when I really need to get my paper done. It's bad for days like yesterday when I got food poisoning from questionable dining hall food and I laid in bed with no TV to watch. What's the use of being sick if you can't watch an all-day Reno 911 marathon and/or CSI? I will say, though, that the roommate took my green, running-to-the-bathroom state pretty well. She even went out and got me saltine crackers. I said, "thanks- you didn't have to do that" and in her cute little German accent said, "well that is what roommates are for, ya know!"
Today it's back to writing about the sub-plot in A Woman Killed with Kindness, and then off to my Modern American Autobiography class. I'm trying to get all my homework done because, as I recently learned, Saturday is the 4th of July. And while I don't have any plans yet, you can bet the farm I won't be doing homework!
You know you live in a bubble when...
Monday, June 29, 2009
Posted by Margo at Monday, June 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment