And no, I'm not referring to myself.
Last night we took my German roommate to her first ever, real-life American baseball game. The minor league team here is called the "Tourists" and tickets are only seven bucks. That's cheaper than seeing a movie in St. Augustine! Alice liked baseball and luckily it was a good game that game down to a single play in the 9th inning.
It was beautiful last night at the stadium- a perfect summer night. I was a little distracted because deep down I knew how much homework I had to do, but it was still really fun.
Here's a picture of Alice and me at the game. I'm only posting this picture because you can truly see how exhausted I am by looking at my squinty eyes and puffy face.Anna, a Bread Loafer, watching the game.
The trees surrounding the stadium. Asheville really is a great little city.
Today I'm off to the pool to swim some laps, then I'm meeting with a girl about a class project. The reading list this weekend includes: A Woman Killed with Kindness, re-reading Warriors Don't Cry and then reading the abridged version. Wish me luck.
The Asheville Tourists
Friday, June 26, 2009
Posted by Margo at Friday, June 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
One of my favorite dates Chris and I ever went on was to a Tourists game in Asheville. He even bought 2 of their retired stadium seats. THey are in our basement. He says he wants to mount them in our backyard some day... scary.
So glad you're getting out and enjoying all Asheville has to offer!
Post a Comment