I know I've been a pretty bad blogger as of late. My life has been... well, how should I put it? Insane and fun and horribly stressful, all rolled into a delicious treat. Right now I'm craving a Saturday morning in St. Augustine filled with a Bikram class, the farmers market, coffee, walking Lulu, and cracking a beer at 4pm when Schuyler gets home and then coercing him into taking me out for sushi or mexican.
Instead this is how my Saturday will play out: alarm at 7:30 am, dining hall breakfast (consisting of what can only be described as a cross between jail rations and astronaut food), reading/writing, dining hall lunch (pray that I don't get food poisoning), writing/reading, dining hall dinner (by this time I'm just having an orange and a glass of water), and the reading/writing.
It's sooo fun. Actually, some of it is fun. The reading part is fun. The picking paper topics is fun. It's just the pressure to get everything done on time and up to my own personal standards is almost impossible. It's a tremendous amount of work packed into six weeks, and I'm starting to feel the fatigue.
Speaking of dining hall food, I think I could do a whole blog segment every day on it and how offensive it is. Moldy bread. The 'hot' entree being steamed lima beans, steamed squash, and buttered noodles. Not together. Seperate. You can't always count on the salad bar because it's only put out every few days. And sandwiches are out of the question when concerning the moldy bread and american cheese. And square shaped cold cuts. Square. Turkey does not come in the square variety where I come from. Basically that leaves you with the option of having Cheerios, a banana, or cookies for dinner.
I have been living on cookies for four weeks. You'd think that would make me fat, but actually, no. Apparently you have to eat A LOT of cookies to meet your caloric intake for the day. And lets face it, after your 3rd oatmeal raisin cookie-- it's time to go back to the room and start reading and writing again.
Dazzled, Frazzled, and HUNGRY
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
Posted by Margo at Tuesday, July 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment