Yesterday I had a tiny little break in which to catch my breath. I handed in two papers on Friday and I must start my final papers today. However, yesterday! Yesterday, I acted like I was a real person with a real life.
First I went shopping downtown with Lea and Shana. I found a multitude of items I WANTED for my life. A scarf, a lamp, some prints, a few shirts-- but I didn't need them. And since I'm destitute for another four weeks and I have to pay rent back in St. Augustine this week I decided to not buy a single thing. Will power. I has it.
Then we ate lunch at Mela, an Indian restaurant. It was all you could eat buffet including a 16 ounce draft beer for $11. I am in love. I am going back at least once, maybe twice, before going back to St. Augustine.
After lunch we headed to Malaprops Bookstore to hang out in the coffee shop and read our homework and drink fair trade coffee.
All in all, I started feeling like a real human again-- however short lived. Now I'm off to do more homework...
A Tiny Little Break
Sunday, July 12, 2009
Posted by Margo at Sunday, July 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment