Happy 24th Birthday Sadie! Today you are 24. You are also married and a new mother. To put this in perspective, when I turned 24 I was still living with roommates and spent my birthday shaking what our mother gave us at the local dance club/bar. I wonder who the mature one is...
You will always be my little sister. Dot. The person that I sold the "antique noodle jar" to. The girl that tattled on me no matter what, and the girl I always covered for. The toddler with the top knot who killed all the pretty white cats by squeezing them with all the love you had. And remember when you called our cousin Kristen "Pants!" when you were pissed at her and didn't know any swear words? You always had the best imaginary machine gun to counter my imaginary grenade. You laughed until you cried when I did my impression of Marla Hooch from "A League of Their Own." I played Little Mermaid with you in the pool for hours, never getting tired of you jumping out of the water screaming "world!" As we got older you were my Pita Jungle date, and sushi eating senorita. I always believed you when you told me a certain new boyfriend or date was "a complete douche" or "pretty cool." Usually they were douches... thanks for setting the bar so high.
You were my only friend at Zautke Christmas Torture Fests and Bible School in Hooper.
Happy Birthday, Momma Dot. Here's to 24 more years of fun and surprises together.

1 comments:
wow...this picture takes me back a few years...i remember these little faces! Happy Birthday Sadie!
Post a Comment