This post is sponsored by the UNC-Asheville Computer Lab!

Thursday, July 16, 2009

The sordid tale about my internet capacity in my room is so terribly ridiculous that I'm not even going to bother reliving it here. Well, I guess since it is still ongoing, I wouldn't really be reliving it-- I'd just be letting you share in my ongoing saga of FAIL.

In other non-caps lock news...

I'm working on two papers that are due on Friday-- one at 3pm and the other at midnight. However, since I'm going to visit the talented and amazing SARAH in Ohio that Friday, I have made my own deadlines. That being- Wednesday for my Non-Fiction class (10-12 pages) and Friday morning for my Renaissance Drama class (5-7 pages). So while everyone I know is going to Harry Potter this weekend (not interested- i haven't seen the first six), or to the Biltmore ($50 to see a mansion-- um, no thanks) I will be studying. My goal is to take a break on Sunday to take a drive on the Blue Ridge Parkway, hopefully getting some great pictures. Today I drove to Target and it was overcast and the clouds were interwoven through the mountains... it was gorgeous. Even the Target here is nestled in the mountains and seems secluded.

I could totally live in Asheville. Heck, I'm even tempted to buy one of the bumper stickers I see everywhere that says "Keep Asheville Weird." Because it is totally weird. And "granola." Basically, it's a city after my own weird heart.

So hope ya'll have a great weekend! I'll be studying like a good little girl... wish me luck! Send power bars and blueberry muffins (antioxidants!) and J. Frederick Nims to me in the middle of the night because I'm pedal-to-the-metal on the autobahn of explication! Gifted intelligence, ahoy!
****

Reason #204 I love the computer lab: the gentlemen next to me just excused himself because he sneezed and, "it got all over my computer screen and my glasses. I'm going to get some toilet paper from the bathroom." Mmmmm, public spaces. So lovely.

3 comments:

SJH said...

OMG. No words for the sneeze comment. No words.

BUT - Horray for trips to the O-H!

You're almost finished!!! Now go use that poetic vision...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.